In an effort to better support the work of the PLC Collaborative Teams in Cobb schools, the Instruction and Innovative Practice Office Supervisors will work with the locally identified core content teacher leaders (PLC Leaders) to provide specific support for the content they represent with the rest of their collaborative team. This will ensure that each collaborative team in a grade level/course has the most up-to-date and critical information for that subject area.
Additional support will be provided to teachers whose broad scope of engagement strategies will also be strengthened on district days by registering for classes differentiated choices K-12.
REGISTRATION: Click here to register for January 2, 2018
Instructions: Follow the link above to a spreadsheet with tabs across the bottom. Note tabs include content areas for which you may be interested in signing up for classes including ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, Technology, EdCamp, STEM, etc. Also note one tab marked “Session Descriptions” which is alphabetized.
Feel free to sign up for as many classes in various content as your schedule allows with no restriction on location you choose. Record your schedule as you sign up for location, date and time. Continue to check back for room number assignments and possible last minute changes.
Overall locations (1 page summary): District PL Day Jan 2 2018 Locations
Schedule sorted by grade level, content, and description including TKES Standards: District PL Day January 2 Schedule 2018 with TKES standards
- Special Education (non-IRR) No registration necessary (Note revision from 12/8/17).
- Full Schedule: Jan 2 Training Special Education rev 12-8-17
- Library Media Specialists:
- Morning Session at Sturgis Library at KSU (register here): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e44acaa22a5f58-sturgis
- Afternoon Session at Sewell Mill Library (register here): http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e44acaa22a5f58-sewell
- PLC Leaders (no registration is necessary, proceed to the following locations 8:30-3:30 for the content you represent)
- PLC Math Leaders — Harrison HS
- PLC ELA Leaders — Hillgrove HS
- PLC Science Leaders — Kennesaw Mountain HS
- PLC Social Studies Leaders — Wheeler HS
- CTAE Schedule (must register using registration link above)
- Location for training will be North Metro Campus of Chattahoochee Technical College, 5198 Ross Rd, Acworth, GA 30102.
- World Language Teachers (Sprayberry HS)
- Social Studies Teachers
K-3rd, 5th @ Wheeler HS 4th @ Booth Western Art Museum (501 N Museum Dr, Cartersville, GA) 6th, 8th @ Wheeler HS 7th @ Campbell Middle School US History @ KSU Center (3333 Busbee Dr NW, Kennesaw, GA) World Geo, World History, Econ, Am. Gov @ Wheeler HS
Parking at South Cobb HS
Overflow parking once the lot is full at SCHS will occur at Mableton ES and a CCSD bus will shuttle participants between locations during the day based on the schedule below:
Professional Learning Day Shuttle Schedule Arrival From Mableton ES to S. Cobb 7:30-7:45 a.m. (loading) 8:00-8:15 a.m. (loading) Lunch drop-off From S. Cobb to Mableton ES 11:20-11:40 a.m. (loading) 11:55–12:00 p.m. (loading) Lunch pick-up From Mableton to S. Cobb 12:05-12:15 p.m. (loading) 12:30- 12:35 p.m. (loading) Departure From S. Cobb to Mableton 3:00-3:10 p.m. ( loading) 3:25-3:30 p.m. (loading) 3:45-3:50 p.m. (last load)